- Race Name: Snohomish Women’s Run
- When: Sunday, May 18, 2014 | Where: Rotary Park (Everett, WA)
- Prize Drawing: The Snohomish Women’s Run is giving away two FREE entries to the Gametiime community! Click here for your chance to win!
- Discount: Use promo code GAMETIIME for 10% off your registration!
Following up our most recent Races of Gametiime feature on the Snoqualmie Valley Half Marathon & 10K, Porter Bratten is here again to showcase another race he is organizing for this year: the inaugural Snohomish Women’s Run. It’s a fun and friendly female only run along a flat mix of trail and road where you’ll enjoy a flat & fast half marathon or 10K as you run in support of victims of domestic abuse.
Tell us about Snohomish Women’s Run. What, when and where is it? It’s coming up fast! The run will be on Sunday, May 18th and will be starting and finishing at Rotary Park on the banks of the Snohomish River. The course is all paved and is a mix of road and paved riverside trail.
What can participants expect to see and do? Set a new PR! The course is very flat and lends itself to setting a new personal best. Participants will also see the Snohomish River, the surrounding hills and mountains, and no cars! We have a closed course.
What do you consider to be the best part about Snohomish Women’s Run? Hard to say! The combination of a fast course, a supportive, all female running cohort, and the scenery all combine to create a wonderful race environment.
How many participants do you expect for the race? For this first year, we are capping the number of participants to 500 to ensure a more personal experience.
How long has Snohomish Women’s Run been around? This is the race’s first year, but it’s sister race, the Snohomish River Run, was started in 2012.
Does the Snohomish Women’s Run benefit any charitable organizations? If so, which ones? Yes, we are proud to support Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County, which provides essential support services of victims of domestic violence in Snohomish County. See more about our support here.
Do you organize other events as well? If so, which ones? Yes, we also organize the Snohomish River Run, which will be on October 26th, this fall.
Anything else you’d like to share with the Gametiime community? Hope to see you at the race!
You might also like these posts:
- Races of Gametiime: 1st Annual Snoqualmie Valley Half Marathon & 10K takes runners on a flat, fast PNW tour
- Races of Gametiime: The Redmond Poultry Predictor, a four-mile trail run/walk with a race timing twist
- Races of Gametiime: Green Halloween 5K Run/Walk presented by Hi5K, a prize-filled family-friendly race through the Issaquah Highlands
- Races of Gametiime: The Goblin Gallop, a Halloween 5K and Kids Fun Run in Redmond for the whole family to enjoy
- Races of Gametiime: The Mustache Dache supports Movember with its mustache-themed 5K at Seattle’s Magnuson Park
Like this post but don’t have a Gametiime account? Check out our site and discover the best place to find your next race!